Air freight is one of the modern options. It crosses the Chinese line to the United States in the shortest possible time. To have a hassle-free import, you need to be familiar with all the steps. Air freight from China to USA is the fastest and the safest method for traders.
Air freight process from China to USA
After your goods are manufactured in the factory, your shipping company or the freight forwarder will pack and load them and take them to the airport. It stays there for a very short time to do export work. The goods are then loaded on an airplane and flown to the United States. When it reaches its destination, customs inspects it. When you have paid all the taxes and duties, your goods will be released. The shipping company or freight forwarder then does the pickup and delivery.
Air freight transit time
Here you have three types of options depending on the size of the goods, which have different transit time and cost:
• Air freight: 8-10 days
• Express: 3 days. It is the fastest and expensive way of shipping.
• Regular post: 1-2 weeks. China Post offers much quicker, cost-effective options in airmail.
Air freight costs from China to USA
Your air freight costs from China to USA depend on many factors. To reduce them and prevent financial losses, you need to know these factors well.
At about $3 per kilo, standard air freight is the cheapest option for shipments between about 150 kilos and 500 kg. To calculate your air freight rate, you need to measure the gross weight of the product. Then calculate its volumetric weight. The bigger number is your chargeable weight. But this is not the only cost that is included in your final shipping invoice from China to USA:
• Packaging: Always use light and durable packaging materials in air transport. Use newspapers and bubbles as much as you can for more resistance. Because its weight affects your costs.
• Insurance: Be sure to use insurance to prevent financial loss.
• Pickup and delivery: Loading and unloading goods requires skilled labor and special equipment. Because each type of product has its own method. There are also various delivery options in the industry: door-to-door, port-to-door.
• Types of products: Each type of product needs its own pallet. Some goods are perishable and require pallets equipped with a refrigerator. Some are sensitive and valuable and need more security.
• Distance: China is far from the United States. As a result, it is safe to choose the nearest airports to China. Because the shorter the distance, the lower the costs.